Updates on the temporary closure of the McMichael
Statement from Ian Dejardin, Executive Director of the McMichael
April 3, 2020
“In response to the rapidly evolving situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and in consultation with the Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries and the Ministry of Health, the McMichael Canadian Art Collection temporarily closed to the public on March 13, 2020. While we’re deeply sorry to disappoint our visitors, the health of the broader community must be our primary concern. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis and look forward to reopening as soon as officials deem it safe to do so.”
Please note the following information:
- All public programs and events are cancelled through April 30, 2020. Please note that missed adult classes and Saturday at the McMichael (SAM) children’s programs will be postponed until further notice. Please check the website for updates.
- March Break camps are cancelled effective immediately. Parents are being notified by email and will be fully reimbursed.
- For any questions regarding these programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The McMichael Grounds, Parking Lot and Public Outdoor Restrooms are currently closed until further notice, in accordance with recommendations by the Public Health Agency of Canada. Grounds and trails are not being maintained; public use is therefore discouraged. In addition, please be advised that the McMichael driveway (En Plein Air Drive) is a no parking zone to allow access for emergency vehicles. Cars will be liable to ticketing by local authorities.
- Current Memberships will be extended for the duration of time that the gallery is closed. Please visit the Membership page for more information.
- The Gallery Shop and e-shop are currently closed. E-shop orders are unable to be processed during this time.
The situation is evolving rapidly and we will be updating the public on an ongoing basis. Please monitor this page and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for announcements about when we will reopen and rescheduled events.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
—The McMichael Leadership Team